Know how to ride but don't have a license? This course will sharpen your riding skills and your riding mindset.
Successful completion earns the MSF BRC2 card and in most states a license waiver that gets you a motorcycle endorsement on your license at your state DMV.
Prior to enrolling in the motorcycle safety course, minors (aged 15 - 17) must either:
1 Have a Class C learner license and have completed the 32-hour classroom phase of a driver education course; or
2 Present a certificate of completion of the classroom phase (32 hours) of a driver education course (the behind-the-wheel portion of the driver education course is not required to take the motorcycle safety course or apply for a Class M license; or
3 A provisional driver's license.
Application Requirements for Minors
Must be at least 15 years of age and may be restricted to operating a motorcycle with no more than a 250 cubic centimeter piston displacement. This restriction can be removed on the applicant's 16th birthday. To apply for a Class M license, a minor must:
• Apply in person at a Texas Driver's License office and complete the requirements for an original applicant (if no current Texas license),
• Present a Motorcycle Safety Course (MSB-8 or MSB-8R) completion certificate,
• Present a:
1 Class C Provisional license,
2 Driver Education form (DE-964) verifying 32 classroom hours, or a completion certificate. Parent-Taught Driver Education students must also present Parent Taught Driver Education form (PTDE-964) verifying 32 hours of Driver Education or
3 Class C learner licenses and a DE-964 showing completion of a 32-hour driver education course.
• Submit a high-school Verification of Enrollment and Attendance (VOE) form, (VOE requires a signature. A stamped or computer-generated signature of the school official is acceptable).
• Be accompanied by a Parent, who must provide an authorization signature, and
• Pass the mandatory skills exam.
Note: Applicant must provide the motorcycle and a car and driver to follow the applicant during the driving test for a motorcycle license.
Make It Legal
Ride your own bike in this two-day class where you will learn advanced riding skills and sharpen your riding mindset. Successful completion earns the MSF BRC2 card and a license waiver that gets you a motorcycle endorsement on your license at your state DMV.
Find a class