January 30, 2021 8:00am - 3:00pm
Do you have what it takes to win a Chili Cook-Off!!?? Get your registration in now to show off your cooking skills!! This is opened to members and non-members; however only the 1st place HOG member team will advance to the Southwest Regional Chili Cook-Off. There will also be judging of best in show. This is where you get to have fun with a theme for your booth! The one that is most festive and fun will win!! Do you have questions or need additional information. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let the best chili win!!
1. Teams must have a minimum of two members and must be HOG members (membership verification required) if you are competing for the HOG award and advancement to the Southwest Regional Cook-off!
2. All chili must be cooked from scratch on site starting at 8:00 a.m. the day of the competition.
3. RAW Ground Chili Meat or Ground Chuck are the only meat allowed. 4. Finely chopped onions and peppers are allowed. However, NO other fillers are allowed (i.e. no beans, macaroni, rice, hominy, or similar ingredients).
5. No commercial/complete/pre-packaged chili mixes are allowed.
6. Minimum of one 8-quart pots of chili per Team to allow ample product for People’s Choice Tasting. You may make more if desired.
7. One competition cup of chili will be presented for judging at 12:30 p.m. on the day of the competition (Cup will be provided).
8. People’s Choice Tastings/voting will begin at 12:30 p.m. (once the competition cup has been presented for judging) and end at 2:00 p.m. (Cups will be provided for the tastings)
9. All awards will be announced at 2:30 p.m.
Official Judging Criteria
AROMA – Be distinguishable as chili
RED COLOR – Note, Texas Chili is usually Dark Red
CONSISTENCY – Good meat to sauce ratio.
TASTE – Ingredients blend well.
AFTERTASTE – Should build some heat in the back of the throat, good indication that the proper blend of spices was used
Please send registration form to:
American Eagle Harley-Davidson
5920 N Interstate 35
Corinth, TX 76210